Kitchen Series: A Fresh Coat of Paint

Welcome to my new Kitchen Series!

As you recall, my husband and I completely renovated our kitchen from the ground up.  Since then, I have made a few minor changes that have dramatically changed the look of our kitchen.  I didn't think I could be happier with our space until I made these updates.  With my new kitchen series, you will be able to see all of the changes that I have made.  To remember what the kitchen looked like before click here

To kick off the series, I am unveiling my new paint color.  I loved the color before, but with a smaller kitchen and the updating that I have done in the rest of my home it needed a change also.  I have been painting some of the other rooms in my home to create a more clean, neutral look throughout so I wanted to continue that in my kitchen.  If you are interested in the paint color, email me and I can give you the details.  Don't be afraid to paint and try something new.



While I was updating the paint color, I also wanted to update my decorations/necessities to match the new look.  I wanted to keep the room very light and open.  In order to do this, I have used whites, creams, and natural coloring to keep the space unified.  With such a small space, you definitely need to keep the room cohesive, so that it doesn't give you a headache when you walk into the room.  


With keeping the room light and neutral, I can always switch out my dish towels whenever I like.  Currently I am sticking with my white and mustard yellow you could say.  


When storing those spoons, spatulas, whisks, and whatever else you have collected over the years, don't be afraid to try something a little more unique.


I hope you enjoy my new color as much as I do.  I love color, but there is something about that clean look that makes a space feel light and stress free.  Stay tuned for the rest of the Kitchen Series!

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the fresh coat of paint, Ashley! It's really fascinating how a simple change of color can greatly improve the kitchen, or any other room in the house. You just have to make sure that you have a defined plan on the color combinations that you're planning to incorporate in your room. Well, just make sure to check any problem with the structure of the kitchen itself. :)

    Ryann Hoyer @ YanceyCompany.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. “..there is something about that clean look that makes a space feel light and stress free.” - I agree. Light colors can also make your kitchen look more spacious. You made a great decision to repaint your place, Ashley! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Leeanne Dyson @ MasterMyList

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...